Tracking down a discrepancy

filchfilch Member Posts: 4

So I have been going through my books and trying to balance everything out and it is fine except that, when checking the trial balances month by month, I get to a date in March where the trial balance goes out by 43.90. There is indeed a transaction on that date for 43.90 from the bank but the account is reconciled. Out of curiosity, we removed that transaction but the trial balance was still out by the same amount. We can find not other entry for that amount. I suppose it could be one or more transactions that add up to that amount but we have not been able to find it. Also, on March the 10th, one dat before, the trial balance is fine so it does go out on the 11th.

Does anyone have any suggestions for things I can try? Maybe a way to search differently then I have tried? I have search for journal entries, deposits, expenses etc. etc. I am going a bit crazy here trying to make this work.

edited January 22, 2021 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @filch !

It appears that some of your Wave pages might not be communicating with each other, and this is why you are seeing discrepancies in the numbers between different pages.

I have triggered an accounting data fix on your account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! The reports and accounts should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to fix.

If, after that time the accounts are still off, please let me know and we can go from there.

• AlexShushAlexShush Member Posts: 1

@JulianP said:
    Hey @filch !

It appears that some of your Wave pages might not be communicating with each other, and this is why you are seeing discrepancies in the numbers between different pages.

I have triggered an accounting data fix on your account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! The reports and accounts should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to fix.

If, after that time the accounts are still off, please let me know and we can go from there.

Hi @JulianP,

We are having the same issue with our account. While we are showing our trial balance as of 30th of Apr 2020 we can clearly see that some data is taken from 2020 while others are from 2019. Instead of combining both as submitted.

For example, the sales are showing only for 2020 period while we also had sales during 2019. As well as Profits, its taking only 2019 profits.

Is there a possibility that we also need to have our data also needs a fix? Can you please help us with this?

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @AlexShush !

I've checked on the back end, and it turns out your issue isn't with the communication between your Wave pages I'm afraid, so a fix with your data isn't the resolution here.

I see that you've submitted an email to us on this issue, and I've flagged this for our Support team to get back to you as soon as possible. They'll be in touch via email to work through this issue with you :smile:

• JaneAJaneA Member Posts: 1
    I am showing a VAT figure of £1565.23 on my account balances for September 2020, but on my Balance sheet my VAT account is showing a figure of £1547.63 for the same period, so my balance sheet has a difference of £17.60, I cannot drill down into the VAT figure on the balance sheet to match off all the transactions to find the difference. What should I do?
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @JaneA , it looks like this is actually an issue on Wave's side. I took a look at your data on the back end and it seems like it wasn't communicating properly with itself which in rare cases can lead to a discrepancy in the way that it's being displayed. I've made a minor tweak and everything should be looking better now. Please give it a check, and if you're still seeing issues, don't hesitate to reach back out.

edited March 9, 2021
  • MarkiMarki Member Posts: 2

I am having a similar issue. In Wave the Trial Balance report is out by $8.20 which shows as a credit in Accounts Payable. There are no accounts payable and when i run an Accounts Payable report as at the same date (today) it shows a nil balance. The $8.20 also shows in the balance sheet report under Accounts Payable. I know the transaction that the $8.20 refers to is a bill dated 23 march 2021 which was paid from the bank account on 27 March 2021. The bank account has been reconciled as at 31 march 2021.

Can anyone help with how I can have this aged payable amount which is not due removed?