Transactions Stopped Importing on 1/22

Mark832Mark832 Member Posts: 1

Nothing has shown up in Wave from my accounts since 1/22

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Mark832 , do you have any further information on your connection?
    Have you seen any transactions import since your post? What financial institution are you with?

Let us know.

• LauraCCRLauraCCR Member Posts: 5

Nothing has imported for me since February 12, 2021 .... Can someone help? I've never had this issue before

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @CCR , there could be a number of reasons as to why your bank isn't importing transactions. To get you straightened out as quick as possible, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team directly. You can do so by asking to get in contact with them through our chat bot in your Wave account.

• LauraCCRLauraCCR Member Posts: 5

Thanks @AlexL , I couldn't figure out how to get past the bot. But I ended up re-adding my bank connection again and then deleting the previous one and everything seemed to pull through.

edited March 11, 2021
  • SoutiensolutionsSoutiensolutions Member Posts: 1

Im having the same problem every 15-20 days. Banking shows the right amount but accounting transactions stops importing even though it says ''last updated an hour ago'' for example.. Its quite annoying. Anyone else having problems with RBC ?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Soutiensolutions !

It seems there may be an issue with your financial institution's integration that requires further investigation from our data aggregator. Because Wave isn't able to troubleshoot directly, we don't have an ETA on a fix but we hope to see this resolved soon. Until then, here are some additional steps that may help you get connected on your end:

1. Each institution may have multiple integrations (e.g. one for business accounts and another for personal accounts) so please ensure that you're selecting the most appropriate for your account.

2. Double-check your login credentials for typos and try reconnecting.

3. If you've successfully connected already, try deleting the connection in Banking > Connected Accounts and reconnecting it again. Please edit the default import options to ensure you're importing to the same account as your current connection, and that you select to import from one day after your most recently-imported transaction.

4. If you're seeing a login loop, try reconnecting until you've answered all security questions you have with your bank - sometimes having multiple questions can prevent transactions from importing.

If you'd rather wait for a resolution from our data aggregator, that's also an option. When the fix is rolled out, any accounts already connected to Wave should start importing automatically from the day the integration is repaired. For any new connections, I recommend trying to link your account periodically from Banking > Connected Accounts to test it.

In the meantime, we also have some great options to help you bulk upload your transactions to ensure your books are kept up-to-date. These upload methods are much more stable than a bank connection and are quicker than creating each transaction manually.

If you have months of missing transactions or you only want to categorize your transactions infrequently, you can upload bank statements from Accounting > Transactions using the More button in the top-right corner. You can find a list of supported file types in the tool itself or in our Help Center article here.

If you’d like more frequent updates or don’t have access to statements in a supported file type, you can also try using Wave Connect, our free Google Sheets add-on made for importing and exporting your accounting data. You can find a complete guide for how to get started with that here