Expense goes to wrong account

Ariel798Ariel798 Member Posts: 1

I am a retired accountant but still do bookkeeping for my entrepreneur children. I have their bank accounts set up to as connected banks. My daughter works with a floral wholesaler and her debit card purchases there continually go to Meals & Entertainment. I don't know if I somehow caused this or the system sees something in their name, but I have to keep watch for these expenses and reclassify. Does anyone know how I can get them to just start going to Purchases?

Comments

• NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

Hey @Ariel I think it's awesome that you are able to help out your children with your expertise when in retirement! Sorry to hear withdrawal transactions from the card seems to be automatically categorized into Meals & Entertainment. I understand you've already done what we recommend in cases like this: to re-categorize the transactions and the system should learn of this pattern as outlined from the automatically categorizing transactions article.

Since doing the above doesn't seem to be resolving this, this would require further investigation by our Support Team. Please submit an email through our chatbot, Mave. Click on the question mark icon on the bottom right hand corner of your Wave account to access Mave: