Scotiabank not connecting...

APColemanAPColeman Member Posts: 15

I cannot connect Wave to my Scotiabank account since Jan 25, 2021, or to a client who also uses this bank. I was able to to delete and reestablish my connection (for now), but my client's account has "Payouts" on one of the bank accounts and can't be deleted. Trying to set them up as if new accounts used to work, but now get a message saying Scotiabank have changed and no longer import transactions. Importing the data manually is a "pain", so wondering if anyone has a fix for this.

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @APColeman , deleting and re-establishing is often what we suggest for a bank connection that has run into connection issues or if the bank themselves has had a hiccup. Your client can change their payout account to dummy information in the meantime, so that they can delete and re-connect. Please remember that they will need to change their info back to the appropriate payout account after reconnecting.
    To enter in dummy info:
    1. Navigate to Settings > Payouts first.
    2. Select “Update Bank Details”
    3. Select Connect a New Bank
    4. In the search box, enter “00000" and choose “Use your bank routing and account number”
    5. Enter your banking details and then click Save and Continue.

• APColemanAPColeman Member Posts: 15

Thank you for this Alex! I was able to restore Scotiabank connections on client's and my account -shortly after my post (or maybe Stripe of ScBnk did something at their end). Will try your method the next time this issue arises, and keep the Wave Community posted. Only issue at the moment is with East Coast Credit Union. It appears that their system is simply not structured to work with Wave.