Transaction Notes in Reports

sconzsconz Member Posts: 2

Is there a way to include the transaction Notes field in reports? I have not found any report whose detail includes Notes. Further, the transaction search does not include Notes. Is there an option for this?

edited February 16, 2021 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @sconz , as it turns out these notes do not carry over into reports or in the search bar in your Transactions page. These are intended primarily as a point of reference when clicking into the transaction itself. I will however take this as a feature idea and pass it along to our Product team. Thanks for reaching out about it!

• sconzsconz Member Posts: 2

Thank you for the update, Alex. As an alternative (and this is also a PCR), having the ability to create and utilize tags would be beneficial. Why? I want the ability to mark transactions for which I have verified documentation (scanned receipt, vendor invoice, etc).

• Christy_WChristy_W Member Posts: 1

@sconz said:
    Is there a way to include the transaction Notes field in reports? I have not found any report whose detail includes Notes. Further, the transaction search does not include Notes. Is there an option for this?

@AlexL said:
    Hey @sconz , as it turns out these notes do not carry over into reports or in the search bar in your Transactions page. These are intended primarily as a point of reference when clicking into the transaction itself. I will however take this as a feature idea and pass it along to our Product team. Thanks for reaching out about it!

Please forward these requests to Production Team:
    1. Please add the ability to "Search" Transactions by "Notes" content (sub-string) - this would be extremely beneficial!
    2. Please add the ability to "Filter" Transactions by "Notes" content (sub-string) - this would be extremely beneficial!
    3. Please add the ability to "Filter" Transactions by "Description" content (sub-string) - this would be extremely beneficial!
    4. Please add the OPTION to report Transaction "Notes" on the "Account Transactions" REPORTS - this would be extremely beneficial!
    5. Also the ability to display transaction "Notes" on the "Transactions" page would be quite helpful.
    Thanks! :smile: