Move Transaction Function Disappeared

sjclarkeysjclarkey Member Posts: 2

Hi I have one bank account for several small businesses. I used to be able to move transactions between businesses using the move function but I cannot see this in the new transaction view. Also I sometimes pay for a business expense out of my personal account and again I would need to move from personal to on of my business. This change is making Wave unworkable for me.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @sjclarkey.

This feature isn't quite ready for the new version of Wave. While we are working on making that workflow easier, and our engineers are hard at work, simply moving a transaction from a business on the new version of Wave isn't possible. To make sure that your bank accounts can still be reconciled, you'll have to use journal transactions for both businesses involved in a given transaction.

if, for example, you have an expense in your main business that should be attached to your second business, you'll have to...

• On your first business, make a journal entry that debits Owner's Investments and credits the right expense category.
    • On your second business, make a journal entry that debits the same expense category and credits Owner's Investment.

This will make it so your expense will show accurately for your second business, and your bank account balance stays accurate.

• sjclarkeysjclarkey Member Posts: 2

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately that is just not work for me. Far too much work as I would need to do this for so many transactions. On the old system I just had to choose which business I wanted to move the transaction to and then choose the relevant category. It was brilliant and I could easily see which which business the transaction had moved to. For now I will use an old account I have that still has this functionality. I hope this will not be removed for existing accounts as it make the system unusable. Personally I don't think you should have rolled out the new version without this vital functionality as it will put people off.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @sjclarkey.

We do understand how important, even vital, this feature is for some of our users, and bringing it to the new version of Wave is a priority for us. I do empathize with your frustration here, but I'm hopeful that this workflow will be made much simpler soon.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.