Options

Migrate to Sage or Simply Accounting

MaryB_nonprofitMaryB_nonprofit Member Posts: 2

We would like to do our own bookkeeping but need to have an audit and tax filing done by CA. How do we get our information from Wave to the accountant's software at tax time

Comments

• Options
    MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@MaryB_nonprofit,
    You should be able to continue to use whatever software you are comfortable using. The CPA's role varies depending on what you have engaged them for. Even having your financials audited should not be a problem. Most accounting firms use a different software like Caseware or Accountants Trial Balance anyway. That is because those softwares are set up to document and reference the underlying work papers they prepare to support the work they do. A multitude of software is on the market for accounting. Both large and small businesses. So long as you are maintaining accurate records and can provide supporting documents, using the software of your choice should not pose an issue. BTW, I can't stand Quickbooks, it is a pain in the *** to use, yet I have clients who use it for their accounting. I prepare returns using their reports. Not a problem so long as what they are sending me makes sense.
    Best of luck.

• Options
    MaryB_nonprofitMaryB_nonprofit Member Posts: 2

Thanks Mike... I really want to use Wave but I need to have the approval of the other members of the Board of Directors and that was a concern they had... they asked that, at tax time, the auditor be able to access the files I'm using here (in Wave). I see that it's possible to export as a CSV file which can be opened in Excel so I think that'll be okay... I hope.