Cannot reconnect bank account

Sleeping_Cat_BooksSleeping_Cat_Books Member Posts: 6

The account I use to receive Wave payments stopped working over the weekend. I cannot reconnect it. The Plaid dialogue box tells me the number of attempts has been exceeded, but it said that the first time I tried to reconnect.

I've got a Wave payment sitting in my Wave account that should've been transferred to my business checking account yesterday. I have gotten no response at all from Wave support. What do I need to do to resolve this? And is this going to be a recurring issue? If so, I'll start looking for another payment processing service because this is unacceptable.

edited February 23, 2021 in Bank Connections

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Sleeping_Cat_Books , although your payout connection for Payments and your bank connection to import transactions are both run through plaid, there are some distinct differences in the way that they function. For example, if your bank connection breaks and the system can't import in transactions, we're still able to push the funds to your account so that you can receive your payout.

Taking a look at your account, I see that the payment you were expecting didn't arrive on your expected date because it was a Bank Payment. Bank Payments take 2-7 business days to pay out, so this didn't have anything to do with the issue on the bank connection side.

In regards to the bank connection that imports transactions, I see that one of our agents was able to give you some further insight via email on what's going on there. If you do have any further questions in the meantime, don't hesitate to reach back out to them.

edited February 23, 2021
  • Anson578Anson578 Member Posts: 9

I had been connected to my bank since last Aug 2020 but last week My account showed reconnect button and cant get my bank to reconnect. I have no problems connecting my other institutions but not my business checking with Seacoastbank.com.
    I have checked several times logging into my bank website with no issues so my credentials are good! I called my bank several times to make sure there are no blocks or locks.
    All is well everywhere. I contacted Plaid but the response I got was to go into their chats. I do not have a plaid account and the only institution that I remotely use the plaid is through Wave just because that's what you guys use!
    What is going on ?????
    can anyone at Wave actually help and not just give suggestions?

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @Anson578,

I took a look on the back end and it appears that your bank connection is back up and running! It looks like there was a connection issue between your bank and Plaid, which resulted in issues re-connecting your account.

You should be good to go, but feel free to comment here if you're still having issues :smile: