Transactions showing reverse

MHHairInfinityLLCMHHairInfinityLLC Member Posts: 2

I had to put all my transactions for my business manually for deposits and expenses for 1 month because they did show up in my transactions history. However when I went to my reconcile for my account for that month it shows the deposits as debits and the expenses as credits.

So everything is in reverse!!! How do I fix this so that I can finish my bookkeeping.

I have not noticed that in other discussion posts that this is the way that it is..

How is this proper bookkeeping if everything for deposits as debits and expenses as credits? It should be the other way around!!!!

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @MHHairInfinityLLC , take a look at our Help Center article on debits and credits to learn about how debits and credits change depending on the type of account that they're corresponding too.

If you take a look at your Transactions page in Wave and you find that the income and expense transactions are correct there, this is a good way to determine that the debits and credits associated to them in your Reconciliation are correct as well.

edited February 25, 2021