Duplicate Transaction records

hgrimberghgrimberg Member Posts: 9

I have my bank connected and Wave automatically records every payment but then when I also manually record the same payment, Wave doesn't recognize it is the same payment and keeps both payments as if they were 2 different ones. The problem is that then Wave adds up all payments and makes my accounting totally messed up. Is there a way Waze can be smarter and realize it is the same payment?

Comments

• LchildLchild Member Posts: 1

Hello!! Have you been able to solve this?
    I am having the same issue!
    I have my bank account connected but if I upload a receipt for the same transaction it duplicates the amount and it causes problems when doing my accounting

• hgrimberghgrimberg Member Posts: 9

I had to delete the duplicate records myself. Best option is to merge

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Lchild and @hgrimberg !

Deleting or merging any redundant data is how you'll want to address these duplicates in your accounts. If you are using Wave Payments and have a bank connection, all the bookkeeping is handled for you and you won't have to record any payments manually. If you import your bank statements and mark your invoices as paid, you only need to do one or the other. If you import your invoice payment transaction and categorize it as "Payment received for an invoice in Wave > the invoice in question" it will automatically mark the invoice as paid on the Sales > Invoices page.

For receipts, if you post them to accounting but also import your receipt/expense transactions, you can merge them or delete the imported transaction. I hope this helps!