Error in Wave Balance when Reconciling an account

starlightstitcherystarlightstitchery Member Posts: 2

I'm reconciling my account, and I've run into what I think is an error on Wave's end. I've reconciled a period, but every time I go back to the main reconciliation page, the Wave balance shown is off. When I load that period, the Wave balance shown with the transactions is correct and matches my statement balance. I can "fix" the difference by unmatching literally any transaction (not just the one that matches the balance difference), which will show the period as being reconciled. However, when I go back to load another period, the Wave balance is off again, and it wants me to fix that same period that I just fixed.

Here are sequential screenshots of the problem I'm having. Has anyone run into this before? Is there something I'm missing, or do I just need to wait for Wave Support to respond to my email?

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @starlightstitchery , I see that you sent a ticket to our Support team and Raphael was able to help you solve this. Feel free to reach back out to him if you come across any more issues!

• kmii00kmii00 Member Posts: 1
    Is there a general solution to this issue or is it recommended that members email support? If there is a solution I am requesting support/admin post it here for.
    Thanks a bunch
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @kmii00 , we always recommend emailing support if you can so that you can get personalized support on the matter. Regardless, we are happy to help you in the Community if you'd like to explain exactly what the issue is.

• ArsinioArsinio Member Posts: 2

I'm having this issue as well exactly as described above. Is there a solution for this?

• NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

Hi @Arsinio It appears that some of the Wave pages for your account might not be communicating with each other, and may be the reason why you are seeing discrepancies when doing reconciliation.

I have triggered an accounting data fix on the account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! The reconciliation page should be properly display the correct information within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to fix. If that didn't resolve the issue, feel free to submit an email to support and we'd be happy to take a closer look into your account to figure out what may be causing this!

To submit an email through our chatbot, Mave - please click on the question mark icon on the bottom right hand corner of your Wave account to access Mave!

• ArsinioArsinio Member Posts: 2

That seemed to fix it, thank you!!