Must a Reimbursable Expense Invoice Charge Tax?

WrapperWrapper Member Posts: 2

I am creating an invoice for a supplier to reimburse me for payments already made to its company from mine. Given the circumstances of our agreement, that company must reimburse me in full. I was not originally charged a separate tax on my payments to that company. Is it required to charge (and therefore pay) tax on the amount that is to be reimbursed to my company? If the tax is NOT required to be charged, how would I go about removing it from my Wave invoice?

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Wrapper , since we are an accounting software that provides support internationally, I'm afraid we can't advise on whether or not you need to apply a tax to that amount. I'd advise reaching out to an accountant or CPA for that.

If all you've done is added a Sales Tax on your invoice, you can remove it by navigating to the invoice and selecting the garbage can icon next to it.

edited March 2, 2021
  • WrapperWrapper Member Posts: 2

Thank you, Alex. After getting a chance to speak with my CPA I confirmed that--in my case--indeed I do NOT need to charge a tax. As I did NOT add a tax (but it automatically showed up), I will just need to figure out how to create an electronic invoice for this reimbursable expense without having the automatic tax appear (or, alternatively, how to delete the tax field from the form as it currently will not allow a 0% tax).