How to back up my Quickbooks file into Wave

rboussattarboussatta Member Posts: 1

Has anyone gone through the steps of backing their old quickbooks file into Wave. This includes invoices, estimates, item list, and customers list ?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @rboussatta.

We have a small guide on the Help Center explaining how to migrate from Quickbooks to Wave. You can find it here!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• sepraexim_2014sepraexim_2014 Member Posts: 1

Hi Alexia,

Could you plz advise also abt how to import export Data from tally to wave and vv.

Best regards
    Sepra

Hi, @sepraexim_2014.

You can follow the same process as coming from Quickbooks, in the link indicated above. I can't give you specific tips for dealing with Tally's exported files, but if you can tell me exactly what you are trying to import to Wave, I'll be able to guide you a little better.

Wave allows you to import client lists. Here's how to do this. Invoices can't be imported, neither can your chart of accounts.

• jefaziojefazio Member Posts: 1

Alexia, I followed your step to transfer my quickbook files. However, the directions say, "copy the amounts from the old trial balance into the journal entry." What does that mean? Copy transaction by transaction? I have been using Quickbooks for more than 15 years. Basically, I only use it for tracking expenses. How do I get all of my transaction into Wave?

Hi, @jefazio.

No, not at all. You have a report in Quickbook called the "Trial Balance" which gives you the balance for each of your accounts. Bring it up on the date of your move from Quickbook to Wave, and re-create it as a single journal transaction.

To make a journal transaction in Wave, go to your Transactions page and click on "More". You'll see the option there. You'll be able to add debit and credit lines to fit the entirety of our trial balance on there.

• andriaandchrisandriaandchris Member Posts: 1

Is there any way I could pay someone to transfer all of my quickbooks data into Wave? I would love to get it up and running but don't have any time to be able to do all of the stuff

• MarkWavePlusMarkWavePlus Member Posts: 1

Hi @andriaandchris,

Thank you for reaching out. We help customers migrate to Wave with our Wave Plus team. We'd love to hear if we can help. You can schedule a call with our team here: https://calendly.com/wave-plus/consultation.

More on our Wave Plus services here: https://www.waveapps.com/wave-plus.

We look forward to speaking with you.