Options

Tagging expenses and income from Bank account

MarkyTMarkyT Member Posts: 2

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all very well and it's great to join the community!

I had a quick question regarding the integration of my business bank account (Starling) into Wave. I've connected my bank account to Wave but I've noticed that it's not picking all transactions up (particularly income). It also isn't recognising expenses as expenses, but rather is income.

I'm looking for someone seasoned in accounting to suggest ways for sorting this out? (And really hoping that you don't say manually tag them all)! :smile:

Many thanks,
Mark

edited March 18, 2021 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @MarkyT , it sounds like this could be an issue with the actual connection itself. Our Support team would be more than happy to take a further look at your connection if you reach out to them in the software. To do so, reach out through our chatbot by hitting the question mark in the bottom right corner of the page.

• Options
    MarkyTMarkyT Member Posts: 2

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting back to me.
    I originally tried the chatbot but couldn't speak to a real human - as you can see from the screenshot attached - it seems to cater only to general questions about the product. Unless I'm missing something?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @MarkyT , it looks like your business is located in the UK, and our bank connection feature is only available for users within the US and Canada. Can I ask how you've integrated Starling with Wave?

Also, my apologies on advising to reach out to the chatbot. Contacting the Support team through the chatbot is also only available to users within Canada and the US. I'm sorry for the confusion.