Reconcile accounts

Bill_D1382Bill_D1382 Member Posts: 1

I have an account I tried to reconcile. when I went to accounting>reconciliation I had three categories: Cash on Hand, Donations, and reimbursements. I was able to reconcile the cash on had with no problem but the other 2 I couldn't do. I thought when reconciling all the categories were combined together. How can I remove the donations and reimbursements categories or combine them with the cash on hand category.
Thanks

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Bill_D1382 !

Sorry, I'm have some difficulty understanding your inquiry. Account reconciliation allows you to ensure your transactions in Wave match what happened in the real world. When reconciling, you are required to reconcile each account individually. If you noticed that some of your transactions are incorrectly categorized, you can make the appropriate adjustments so your books are accurate. If you are unsure what categories or accounts to select, I suggest reaching out to a CPA since this would be considered accounting territory and I am not an accountant unfortunately.

To learn more about account reconciliation, we have a great Help Center article you can check out here as well as a video tutorial I hope this helps!

edited March 24, 2021