Entries being changed automatically in error

greg_sgreg_s Member Posts: 17

I recently entered 3 transactions where the descriptions were very similar: “Donation in memory of... - Donor’s Name”. I entered these on my laptop and all was well until today when I added a 4th transaction in the same format. Wave incorrectly, and without asking, changed the previous entries to match the one I just entered thereby making it look like the donations came from the same person. Oddly, it only did this with one other transaction at a time. As I opened the various transactions to see what was going on it kept changing one other transaction. Then, to cap it off, it eliminated one of the previous transactions apparently because it was now identical. Keep in mind that it was only identical because Wave changed a different entry than the one I was working on. I hope that this is only on the iPad version so I can correct the entries that Wave messed up. Obviously this needs to be fixed.

Comments

• greg_sgreg_s Member Posts: 17

Update - on my laptop I was able to change the duplicate entries back to their original versions and, of course, add back the one that Wave deleted (merged?). I won't be using the iPad version anytime soon due to the risk of older entries getting messed up. Thanks to the ability to search for recent changes I was able to see the entries that were changed intentionally by me and unintentionally be Wave.