There was an error saving your transaction. Please try again.

FairyProofMotherFairyProofMother Member Posts: 4

I've seen this reported previously, but not the solution. Wave has always worked for me until now. This is the first time I've used it since the update and I can't get past the error message when trying to split a transaction. When I click on SAVE, I get the error message. There was an error saving your transaction. Please try again.

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @FairyProofMother !

I believe the issue you are referring to is the same one this user was experiencing. Feel free to check out my post in the attached hyperlink for some additional insight. If you are still experiencing these errors, please let me know!

edited April 6, 2021
  • kmbphotoskmbphotos Member Posts: 1

I am having this exact same issue but the link posted above doesn't seem to go to anything related to this exact issue. I am trying to split costs on a paid bill to link them to various customers. I keep getting the error "There was an error saving your transaction. Please try again.". Any thoughts on what is causing this? Trying to figure out my cost info to file my taxes.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @kmbphotos , I think the link above is incorrect because I also don't understand the thread linked for context.

How many splits are you applying to each transaction? Can you send a screenshot of the split you're attempting, as well as the error message you're receiving?

• tesstkitchentesstkitchen Member Posts: 3

Hi @AlexL I'm having the same issue and would love a response as I have searched and searched and finally thought I had the solution!

I have a customer that pays multiple (sometimes up to 50+) invoices in one payment. Half of their payments in 2020 were made with physical checks, the other half was through Wave Payments.

First, let's dive into the manual check deposits:

Originally, I marked all of the invoices (individually) that were paid via check. Based on a community answer, I've gone back and changed one payment's worth of invoices to unpaid. Based on that advice, I went to the check deposit into my checking account and split the transaction (the check deposit) 19 times for the 19 individual invoices, as seen below.

I have manually calculated the invoice total multiple times to make sure it matched the amount deposited. It does and it did three times. I'm confident that they match.

Why am I getting this error message?

Can I only split a transaction a certain number of times? Is there another way to do this?

Please please help me out! I've got over 500 individual invoices split between 8 payments. Even if the work-around is tough and time consuming, I'll do it but I want to get it right!

ALSO, if this amount of invoices per transaction impedes the normal process of Wave Payments bookkeeping, please let me know, and show us how it's done.

Thank you so much!

edited April 30, 2021

Actually, I may have just caught an error from the screenshot - something showing a negative balance. I'll try to correct and update with results. Fingers crossed!

IT WORKED!

As you can see above, somehow I had a double payment (I didn't know this was possible) on Invoice #478 which shows -$28.45 in the category drop-down. I went back to the individual invoice, removed the other payment and it all matched up.

Quick tip: If you're updating many many invoices to an unpaid status, and may be using multiple tabs to do so. Make sure that that fully goes through! I have a tab suspender and it kicked in before I noticed this...

• Chemist867Chemist867 Member Posts: 1

I'm having the same issue and the provided link leads to a dead page