I noticed today that a new account (x) appeared in my list of Cash & Bank accounts

TDuvallTDuvall Member Posts: 26

Today, when I clicked on the dropdown box at the top of my Transactions page, I noticed that a new account had appeared in Cash & Bank (labeled "x") that I did not set up. Has anyone had this happen? I would like to know why it "appeared" and why there are bank transactions booked to this account.

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @TDuvall !

That's odd. Does someone else have access to your Wave account that could have recorded this? If not, perhaps you imported these transactions into your account by mistake.

If you'd like to delete this account and the transactions affiliated with it, you should have the green light here as Wave doesn't automatically generate such an account. Before doing so though, I suggest consulting with anyone who may have access to your account.

edited April 9, 2021
  • TDuvallTDuvall Member Posts: 26

I believe that I have discovered the problem. I discovered this today:

Account "x" should not be used. The source is:

For some reason, Savings is mapped to account "x", when it should be mapped to "Cash in Bank - Nia's Savings". I cannot find a way to edit this. Any help would be appreciated.

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @TDuvall,

To change the accounts transactions are importing into, the entire connection would need to be deleted and re-connected. Doing this will bring up the option to select an account to import into. You can do this by selecting the trash can icon next to the bank to remove it, and then Connect a new bank to re-add it.

Alternatively, what you can do is move all the transactions from "Cash in Bank - Nia's Savings" to "X", and then re-name X. Then you'll have all the transactions in the correct account!

You can move the transactions using our bulk edit tool, and re-name the account by selecting the pencil icon next to it on the Chart of Accounts page.