In new transactions interface, USD transfers work fine, but transfers in other currencies do not

mattkrausemattkrause Member Posts: 4

I've been making transfers between accounts (for example, moving money from a USD checking account to a USD credit card, or from a Turkish Lira savings account to a Turkish Lira checking account) for a couple years now, no problem.

However, I started having a problem a couple days ago, when Wave rolled out the new Transactions interface:

Transfers from one USD account to another USD account work like they normally did (I enter one side of the transfer, and Wave automatically creates the other side of the transfer and populates it with the amount I entered).

But transfers in another currency (for example, from a Turkish Lira savings account to a Turkish Lira checking account, or from a Euro checking account to a Euro cash account) zero out whatever amount I try to enter (for example, 400 Turkish Lira or 50 Euro). It doesn't matter which side of the transaction I enter the amount into -- at the same time Wave populates the currency symbol, it overrides the transaction amount I entered with 0.00 (for example, I enter 400, but Wave overrides my 400 with 0.00).

How do I fix this, so I can reflect the movement of non-USD money between non-USD accounts again?

Attached is a screenshot of two test transactions.

Comments

• mattkrausemattkrause Member Posts: 4

More data that might help with your troubleshooting:

Transferring from a USD account to a non-USD account seems to work, but not the same as it did before the new interface:

Before the new interface, it happened exactly as it was described in the Help documents: If I was transferring money from a USD account to a TL (Turkish Lira) account, I created the USD side of the transaction, and then Wave automatically created the TL side of the transaction, and populated the TL amount with an automatically-calculated amount based on the exchange rate (which I think it was using XE.com to estimate), which I would then override manually with the actual TL amount (which, if I remember correctly, is what the Help documents said to do).

With the new interface, Wave populates the TL side of the transaction with 0.00TL, but Wave accepts my manual override (see screenshot).

So in other words...

In the new interface, it seems that USD-to-USD transfers are working like they used to,
    ...and USD-to-nonUSD transfers are not working like they used to, but they work differently (so you might need to update your documentation),
    ...but nonUSD-to-nonUSD transfers are not working (this is a problem).

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @mattkrause !

That's odd. I'm not seeing the same behaviour on my end when trying this in a test account. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, I suggest trying some basic browser troubleshooting steps. We have a great Help Center article you can check out here. Also, we have a reflow tool that helps fix page communication errors. Your Wave account wasn't in need of this but I triggered it anyway as this may resolve your issue. I hope this helps.

edited April 12, 2021

Hi JulianP,

Excellent, thanks, I'll check it tomorrow morning to see if it works on my end too.

Matt

Hi @JulianP ,

Thanks, whatever the problem was, it seems to be fine now. Yes, I was still experiencing the issue a few days after my original post, but it seems to be fine now.

FYI, I usually use Windows 10 / Chrome, so I tested it this morning (13 April) on Windows 10 / Firefox, and had no problem, so I tried it again using Windows 10 / Chrome, and had no problem.

Whatever the problem was, it seems to have gone away. Thanks for looking into it.

Matt

edited April 13, 2021