Error in posting multiple invoice payments to a deposit

WhiteGloveWhiteGlove Member Posts: 9

I have several deposit transactions that were payment for multiple invoices (one was payment for over 40 invoices) and when I try to "Save" to post them, I receive an Error message. I have tried over and over to save and I keep getting "Error saving transaction". When I finally give up and go back to the invoices to see if anything saved, to my surprise, the invoices appear to be "Paid" because they no longer show up in the Invoices section as Outstanding. However, my Aging A/R reports do not show any payment for the same invoices, and in the Transaction manager it shows as an Uncategorized deposit. How do I correct this??
It seems there is some kind of timeout taking place when you try to split a payment/deposit transaction in any more than 2. Please fix this! All of our payments that we collect are for multiple invoices!

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @WhiteGlove !

When recording the split please make sure that all item lines are accurate and they equal the transactions total amount. If the split is less or more than the transactions total amount, you won't be able to record the split successfully. We have a great Help Center article on how to record the split using our new Transactions page. Feel free to check it out here.

Once the split is recorded successfully, your reports should be accurate. I hope this helps!

edited April 12, 2021
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @WhiteGlove , 40 deposits is definitely quite a few splits on a single transaction so this alone may be the reason as to why things aren't saving the way they're supposed to. It would be best if our Support team takes a look into this so they can escalate the error if need be to one of our Product teams.

Can you send a message to the team through our chatbot, Mave, in your account? To do so, hit the help button in the bottom right corner of your account which will pop open our chatbot. At that point, you can request help from the Support team.