Options

Mutation for accrued expense

jiveyjivey Member Posts: 6

Hi, when will a mutation for an accrued expense be available?
Right now you just have the money transaction mutation which only allows for bank, loans and credit card accounts.

I would like to log a transaction for Expected payments for vendors.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PaulCPaulC Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭

Hi @jivey,

Thanks for your message.

I'm interpreting your question as "When will it be possible to post Journal Entries, rather than just 'Money Transactions'?". This is something we want to make available, but our public API releases build on the work of other teams who are continually upgrading internal APIs, and the relevant updates we will depend on for this release do not currently have a committed schedule.

Please note that even when Journal Entries are available via the API, Expected payments for vendors is a system account, and will likely not be able to be updated.

You're broadly right about the account types that money transaction mutations can write as 'anchor' account, however please note that any account in the Other Short-Term Liabilities subgroup can also be an anchor. I understand it's not ideal, but if you create a 'Due to vendors' account within Other Short Term Liabilities (account subtypes enum value: "OTHER_CURRENT_LIABILITY"), you will be able to post to that using the MoneyTransactionCreate mutation.

Hope that helps.

• Options
    jiveyjivey Member Posts: 6

Hi,

Yes that's correct. This is in regards to journal entries.

I tried your work around and it works, so I will do that. Not ideal since the account is really a vendor payable.

Thanks