1st Time doing books and Start up costs

JayCoxJayCox Member Posts: 1

Hello all, this is the first time I have done my books, I started my business officially in aug 2020. I started it as a hobby in 2011 and have been keeping all my receipts since I started. I have never done a tax return and I am doing that now ready for next Jan and going LTD very soon.

My question is, all my start-up costs from 2011-2018 are in the transactions but are not in the total, they seem to only go back to 2018. And in the transactions, the amounts are in green rather than black like the newer ones. How can I include all my transitions from the beginning in my total for start up costs.

i hope this makes sense!

Jay

edited April 14, 2021 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @JayCox , I'm not fully understanding what you mean when you say all of your transactions are listed from 2011 - 2018, but you're not seeing them in the total. Can you explain your situation a little bit more?

In regards to colour coded transactions, green represents income transactions and black represents expense transactions so these are completely different in that sense.

I'd be more than happy to offer some assistance once I have a better understanding of the issue you're facing!

• Gabriel_KrozkinGabriel_Krozkin Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

Hi JayCox,

Are you referring that you do not see them in your reports? The Profit & Loss Statement goes usually by year, there are custom dates (at the bottom of the drill down). If you select this you will be able to see the years before 2018.
    Hope this helps.

Gabriel.