Archived Account Showing Up In "Transactions" Drop Down

JamrJamr Member Posts: 37

I have two archived accounts. One is an obsolete checking account and the other is a credit card I no longer use.
The checking account no longer shows up in the Transaction drop down of all of my accounts and the credit card does. This is very confusing.
As the description of an archived account does not state whether it is suppose to show up there, I am guessing it is not suppose to, as the more accounts you archive over the years, that will make the drop down convoluted and confusing.
Anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Jamr !

If you archive an account that doesn't contain any transactions, it will be removed from your Chart of Accounts page along with your accounts drop down menu on your Transactions page. However, if you archive an account that does contain transactions, it will remain on your Chart of Accounts page and will be labelled as "Archived" and it will still appear in your accounts drop down menu on your Transactions page.

If you want to remove your credit card account from the drop down menu, you will need to delete all affiliated transactions. We don't recommend this though, as it is important for you to keep track of your prior accounts, even if they are no longer in use. Deleting any prior transactions can potentially cause imbalances and discrepancies in your books so proceed with caution if you go this route. Deleted data cannot be recovered.

edited June 18, 2021
  • lhudybernallhudybernal Member Posts: 2

@JulianP I archived an account with no transactions but it shows up in the reports with a negative balance. How do I fix this?

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @lhudybernal , it looks some of your Wave pages might not be communicating with each other, which is why you are seeing this incorrect negative balance.

I have triggered an accounting data fix on your account, to resolve this! The reports and accounts should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to fix. This should fix this incorrect negative balance :smile:

edited June 18, 2021