'Ghost' amount in Uncategorized Expense account

Cat_HowardCat_Howard Member Posts: 2

I have an amount showing up in Uncategorized Expense on my P&L statement. However, when I try to drill down to see the transaction detail no results are found. I noticed other Wave Community comments about the same issue and the fix was for an Admin to run an accounting reflow to resync the data because of data on the back end not communicating properly. Does an Admin need to do this for me or can I be instructed how to fix this issue myself?

Comments

• NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

hi @Cat_Howard it does appear the ghost amount under uncategorized expense may be caused by communicating issues between some Wave pages on your account.

I have triggered an accounting data fix on the account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! The reports and accounts should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to fix.

• OresteOreste Member Posts: 1

Hi @NancyC, I have the same issue within the uncategorized expense account. Can you please trigger the "an accounting data fix" The issue occurred in June 2021.
    Thank you

• Drew_WDrew_W Member Posts: 2

I'm having the same issue with a transaction showing as uncategorized on the P&L even though it's categorized correctly.

I just started using Wave today and already I've found a bug that, according to these forums, has existed for 2+ years without getting fixed. I don't have any problem paying for my accounting software but how can I have confidence paying when it's so easy to run into a glitch?

Can someone please run a data fix on my account so the txn shows up properly?