Options

Wave core programming language & API

arthurokonkwoarthurokonkwo Member Posts: 4

As a new programmer and user of Wave apps, I want to know the programming language that is used to develop Wave and which language that can be used with its API.

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @arthurokonkwo. Thank you for your interest!

Wave doesn't currently have a publically available API at this time. There's been a lot of chatter on the subject, both on the community and in the office about an API, but we don't have anything to announce just yet! That being said, we do appreciate the enthusiasm!

Can I ask what kind of integrations would you like to build if you did have access to our API?

• Options

I'd like to integrate with WooCommerce and Magento

• Options

I also want to know which programming language is used to develop and maintain Wave

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @arthurokonkwo!

Once again, we really appreciate your input. I can certainly see why an ecommerce platform would be useful to grow your business to new heights. We're always interested in learning more about your sales cycle. However, I can't offer any additional information regarding integration with commerce or sales software at this time. We also offer our own payments processing, so this is a factor we must consider.

As for the programming languages that we use, Wave is primarily based on the Django framework (so Python), with heavy use of JavaScript.

• Options

OK, thanks