Cant upload a bank statement !!!

naylagnaylag Member Posts: 8

Hello!
I can't upload a bank statement in csv formal, it keeps telling me that i need a column for date/details/amounts, which is the case.
I've checked that I had only 3 columns, with not too long descriptions, correct 'numbers' formatting for the amounts, and dates format for the dates.
Saved in CSV format and tried numerous times, it doesn't work.

Please help, it's killing me to enter manually all the bank transactions!!!
Thanks!

edited April 18, 2018 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @naylag ! :) I've edited your post to remove the attachment. Our forum is public and posts are visible to both Community members and guests so we advise caution when sharing uploads or screenshots, particularly any that might contain sensitive or private financial data for yourself or your business.

In many cases, issues of this nature are resolved by copying your information into a Google Sheets doc and re-downloading it as a CSV. Your columns should be Date (MM/DD/YYYY), Description, and Amount (XX.XX, -XX.XX). Do let us know if the Sheets method resolves the issue and thanks for reaching out! Manual entry can definitely be a pain and we'd be happy to help you get to the bottom of this.

• naylagnaylag Member Posts: 8

Hi Charlotte, thanks for your help. Yes it works!! Ouf! thanks a lot

• AdonisAdonis Member Posts: 15

Your transactions are being imported from your bank statement. Please check back in a few minutes. Its been hours.. if i go back, or change page, then the import stops, with no error or any warning, even if i click to filters in the transaction page.... This new wave... really not working....very disappointing. From the day i receive the new version all hell break loose, nothing is working.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Adonis . Have you had success with any imports thus far? How many entries do you have in the your .csv file and how is it formatted?

• WickedWicked Member Posts: 20 ✭✭

I can verify that Excel CSV havent worked - I had the same probleme as @naylag. Copying the data in a google Spreadsheet and downloading this as CSV WORKS fine. Good to know this workaround.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @Wicked! Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the CSV upload. This Help Center article on how to troubleshoot your CSV upload may help. It is good to know the workaround is also helpful to you! Another method you could try using is Wave Connect. Wave Connect allows you to upload or download transactional data, invoices, customer lists, etc, into a Google spreadsheet. Your excel files can be easily transferred into a Google Spreadsheet as well! Hope this helps :)