BMO account connection

rdmartyrdmarty Member Posts: 4

Need some help troubleshooting bank account connections.

I had a BMO account that was working fine, until I attempted to add a funding account (pointing to the same business chequing)... Now when I attempt to connect my bank account I get a message that there are no valid accounts to be imported...

2 Major issues:
1. Funding account wouldn't automatically connect by integrating my BMO account, so I added the details of the funding account manually. But, I cannot remove the manually added details.
2. The bank integration is completely borked even though it worked as recently as May 6th... Today is May 8th.

edited May 8, 2021 in Bank Connections

Comments

• iamfelixiamfelix Member Posts: 4

I came on here to say a similar thing. I've had my BMO accounts linked to wave and working perfectly for the last 6 months and then when I signed on today it said that no accounts were connected. When I go to connect, plaid goes through all the security questions and then says "there are no valid accounts to be imported". Can any one tell me if this is going to be a permanent thing or if it's just temporary? Thanks!

• JordonLilybelleJordonLilybelle Member Posts: 8

Same issues here.

• kseabrookseabroo Member Posts: 2

Same problem here. I've discovered today that I've had no transactions imported since May 1. No email from Wave, nothing. Bank connections has been unstable ever since Wave switched to Plaid. The work-around proposed by Wave, to manually import your CSV, is ridiculous. The fix is not to tell your clients to do it themselves, it's to correct the problem. I've been with Wave for 5 years ... this could be the issue that drives me out the door. I would pay an extra $20 a month to Quickbooks not to have to manually import my transactions.

• rdmartyrdmarty Member Posts: 4

Hilariously, FreshBooks can connect to BMO ....

I cant even find BMO in the list of connectable banks anymore ... :-(

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences. I wanted to let you know that BMO is currently experiencing widespread connectivity issues that prevents users from establishing an initial connection and importing transactions into Wave. That said, our data aggregator is already aware of the issue and is working to get that resolved as soon as possible with BMO. While they work through this, they have temporarily removed BMO from the list of available banks until this is resolved.

Right now, we don’t have an ETA on the fix yet, but we’re hoping to see this working again soon. Once it’s up, you should be able to connect any new BMO accounts and should see your transactions start importing automatically. I understand you may need your transactions in Wave more urgently, however, so we do have a couple alternative options for you in the meantime so you don’t need to create these manually. Check them out below:

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience in the meantime. I hope the manual options will suffice until the issue is resolved!

• AarveeAarvee Member Posts: 6

Hi,
    Able to connect to BMO (go through all the security questions) but then get the message that i have no supported accounts. I have a ebusiness checking account. Please advise if this issue is temporary or if this account is actually not supported. Thanks!

• dblapxdblapx Member Posts: 4

My BMO business chequing account sync'ed perfectly until May 3rd when everything stopped. I used to get the "no supported accounts" message. Just tried reconnecting Wave to BMO and first try I got an Internal Error, second try I got taken back to the bank selection screen after answering all security questions. Until this bank connection can be restored, unfortunately Wave is not useable for my small business..

edit: Third time's a charm. I did exactly the same procedure and actually it now works! Thanks Wave!

edited May 28, 2021
  • rdmartyrdmarty Member Posts: 4

Yes connection is back up.

A general conclusion from this experience is that the bank connections are spotty; they intermittently disconnect with no explanation or solution apart from "wait while our partner Plaid sorts out the connection" ... and indeed time is the only thing that sorts it out. Its somewhat disconcerting when:

1. I pay $$ for Wave
    2. The suggested workarounds don't really mesh well when you've already been using the auto-download feature (many many duplicated transactions ....)
    3. There is no useful feedback from the wave system when this happens (just endless attempts to connect/reconnect)

... overall just a frustrating experience...

• StrugglingICStrugglingIC Member Posts: 20

@rdmarty said:
    Yes connection is back up.

Is it? How do I add new connection for BMO account?