Expenses by Categories report

AndyTAndyT Member Posts: 1

I searched Google and on this site and it seems like Wave is missing the most basic report that show expenses by categories. I use this report every month to monitor expenses. Was hoping to replace Quickbooks but it doesn't look like I can do that quite yet.

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hello @AndyT !

What you can do is generate an Accounting Transactions (General Ledger) report and filter it for the specific category of your choosing. You can then view all transactions tied to that category including expenses.

• Howard_CHoward_C Member Posts: 1

I'm sorry. That's not an acceptable workaround.

I'm shocked -- after inputting all of my data and accounts -- that Wave does not offer this. It's a head slapper. EVERY bill tracking and accounting software that I have ever used – Quickbooks, FreshBooks, TrueBill, Mint, etc etc – provides this functionality. How am I supposed to quickly view expenses by category? Every other accounting software, online or offline, provides a quick breakdown of expenses by category in charts. This is critical to my business's processes. I'm so upset about this that I am literally right now looking to switch to a different app.