Bank connection does not import transactions

gzhang107gzhang107 Member Posts: 4

BB&T connection has not been working properly since 2 or 3 weeks ago. Is it because of the merge to Truist on the way? This creates headache for accounting. Please help!

Comments

• csimdoncsimdon Member Posts: 2

I am having the same issue with BB&T. Last transactions that imported were May 9, 2021.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @gzhang107 and @csimdon !

I'm sorry to hear that you are both experiencing bank connection issues. After taking a closer look on the back end, it looks like BB&T bank connection is currently experiencing issues preventing users from connecting their accounts and importing their transactions successfully. Typically what happens is that your bank may make some major updates to their website or their back end API. When this happens, our third party banking aggregator loses the connection and may need to establish a new one. You can imagine with thousands of banks making these updates our third party aggregator has a bit of a difficult time keeping up.

We have already sent the institution the need for an update, and are waiting on this to be fixed. At this present time I apologize I don't have an ETA for when that will be, but you should know that Plaid's team is working diligently to get this connection sorted out. Thanks so much for your patience.

Alternatively, Wave offers a few options to import and upload your transactions manually. You can learn more about these below:

Below is a screenshot for additional context:

• gzhang107gzhang107 Member Posts: 4

Thank you for the information! In fact BBT connection came back about a week ago. It is great since I rely on this connection to manage LLCs.

Hi, BB&T (now Truist) is doing just fine. But I am having a new problem. Wave has not been able to download transactions from Sandy Spring Bank since almost 2 week ago. Is there issue with Plaid connection to this bank?

I have several projects managed with this bank. Although there is method to download manually, the automatic download will save a lot of time. Thanks!

I deleted the Sandy Spring bank and then reconnect again. It seems to be working fine now.