Options

Customer Creation: Parent Child Relationships & Customer Statements

SV17SV17 Member Posts: 1

Hi All,

This is my first post here, and have recently moved to wave as my business has grown, I needed to find a solution to my ever growing pile of paperwork.

What I am really struggling with is in the creation of customers. I cant create a customer and any of its child entities. I know this sounds a bit strange, but bare with me.

We do a lot of work for property management companies, which means there is 1 Parent company, and each big property / estate they have is their own independent company and we bill them as their own independent company - the problem is if we need to pull a customer statement from Wave, for all outstanding invoices, we want it to include all the outstanding invoices from both the parent company and its child entities because when we submit these statements, it goes to the parent company.

So to try and paint a picture with examples.
Parent Company is: ABC Properties.
It manages 15 office blocks, and each office block is its own company:
Building 1: Big Bottle PTY Ltd
Building 2: The Castle PTY ltd
Building 3: Tip Toe Towers PTY Ltd
etc etc ...

and if we did work for Building 1, we would bill it to Big Bottle PTY Ltd.

If ABC Properties asked us for a statement for all outstanding invoices we would want it to pull all outstanding invoices for the parent company (ABC Properties) and its child properties (Building 1, 2, 3 ) on 1 statement. As opposed to us generating 15 different statements.

Currently from what I can see - I am going to need to pull statements for each and every one of these child entities - which would be ok if there was a way to list specific companies on a customer statement, or to run customer statements en mas, but currently its a manual task of having to generate it 1 by 1.

Please can we have some sort of a way to have this parent child relationship?

Comments

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @SV17 !

Thanks for taking the time to clearly breakdown your inquiry. Your hunch is right in this case. You will have to generate a customer statement for the parent company and each of its child entities separately. As it stands, there is no way to create one customer statement that includes both the parent and child data in one.

edited June 11, 2021