LATE FEES & REMINDERS

SpeedGeekSpeedGeek Member Posts: 5

I'm sure I'm not the first person to look for this feature, but the ability to add a rule for late fees is incredibly crucial in many business. Something simple like - add 2% as a late fee every month starting 60 days after the invoice was sent.

And does Wave not send reminders? every invoicing system I've ever used automatically sends reminders on unpaid invoices once a month

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @SpeedGeek !

I'm afraid that Wave does not support a late fee functionality at this time. However, you can add this to your terms and conditions in your invoice note section then apply the fee to the invoice manually when the time cause as invoice links are live.

When it comes to invoice reminders, Wave does support this functionality. When creating an invoice, you can enable them in the "Send" section or via your Settings > Invoice Customization page under Reminder Settings

• montierkmontierk Member Posts: 1

Is there any reason that Wave has not added a late fee functionality? I see its been requested since 2019 and is a crucial feature for any platform that deals with receiving payments.

• SpeedGeekSpeedGeek Member Posts: 5

Obviously Waves doesn't support it, but you SHOULD. such a simple, basic feature would take one of your developers 3 hours to add to the system.

edited August 13, 2021