Link vendor to expenses

Ahmed HarrazAhmed Harraz Member Posts: 2

I created list of vendors I am working with. When creating expenses under accounting, how can I link this expense with the vendor name from the pre-defined vendors?

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi Ahmed! Could you post a screenshot of the transaction details for one of the expenses you created?

• Ahmed HarrazAhmed Harraz Member Posts: 2

Hi Charlotte.. here you go!

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Thanks Ahmed, appreciate it! Vendorlinking within the transaction details isn't supported in this version of Wave. In order to do this here, you would need to create a bill (Purchases > Bills) to that vendor, and then add a payment to it.

• eporteuseporteus Member Posts: 4

Prior to this recent update, I used to be able to manually enter a transaction and select the vendor. Now the option is not there. So I am forced to enter it as a bill which takes longer. So if I am entering a bill for a fixed asset that I purchased, the expense category for Property, Plant, and Equipment does not show in the dropdown, so I had to enter it manually. But since I entered it manually, I cannot associate a vendor name to the transaction. Is anyone else have a problem with this? Now if I run the vendor report, none of the transactions will show if they do not have a vendor name associated with it.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @eporteus.

There's an issue with accounts under the Property, Plant and Equipment category which makes them not show up on the Bills page. We're working on a solution, but until this is resolved, your best option would be to make an alternate asset account here under the Other Long-Term Assets category. I recognize that it isn't ideal as it will separate those assets into different asset accounts, but it will get around this problem until our engineers roll out a fix.

• CRussoCRusso Member Posts: 1
    Hi, i am trying to categorize an expense to a vendor and when i click on add vendor, it brings me to a different screen to set up the new vendor. Then, i go back to the transaction but when trying to enter the vendor doesn’t show as existing.
  • CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @CRusso , welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your vendor assignments here. I have some browser/network troubleshooting below as a starting point. If trying all this doesn't work, would you please be able to reply on this thread with a screenshot of the screens you're moving through? Thank you!

Browser Troubleshooting
    Wave supports the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. We'd also recommend that you try using Wave with browser extensions disabled. If you have Chrome, try opening up an incognito window, logging into your Wave account, and try again (or if you have Firefox, open a private browsing window).

If that doesn't work, you may also need to clear your cache and cookies. You can read more about the browsers we support, and how to troubleshoot issues for your individual browser HERE.

Network Troubleshooting

1. If you're using a VPN, please disable it.

2. Please power-cycle your modem and/or router. A great article that walks you through how to do this, and why it helps is available here: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-properly-restart-a-router-modem-2624570.

3. Try connecting to a different network. The fastest way to do this is usually to tether to your mobile device.

4. If you're still having trouble, please make sure that your browser is compatible with Wave.

5. Disabling your antivirus software, or adding waveapps.com to your antivirus whitelist should resolve any access issues you're having with our integrations or third party modals (such as banking login info).

I know these tests can seem random, but I've seen these very things work for users in the past! If none of this helps, let me know and we can go from there.