Payment received from an invoice in Wave empty

KristofKristof Member Posts: 2

I created two invoices for the same vendor. They sent me one check for both. I deposit the check to my bank account. Now the check transaction shows as sum of the two invoices. Both invoices marked as paid in wave. Now when I go to the bank deposit and select "Payment received for an invoice in Wave" it says "No results found". Everything is in USD. I cannot merge the two invoices because it says "they have to be same amount"
How do I fix this?

Comments

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @Kristof!

To clarify here, once an invoice has been manually marked as paid, it won't show up when you attempt to select it under "Payment received for an invoice in Wave". This is because marking an invoice as paid also creates a transaction to record this payment, and the balance is $0.

As this is the case, what we recommend to do when receiving one payment for two invoices, is to not manually mark the invoices as paid, and wait for the bank transaction to import into your account. Then, you can split the bank deposit transaction, and in each split, choose the corresponding invoice under Payment received for an invoice in Wave > Invoice #...