Options

Bug - Can't create/update customers with certain provinces.

SBenoitSBenoit Member Posts: 48 ✭✭

Hi folks!

An integration I have set up to create customers/invoices/transactions has failed when trying to create a customer in Russia including the province field. Here's the error that thrown: Node could not be found.

I can get around the problem by leaving the province input blank. I've tried it through website as a normal user and the error "Whoops! We couldn’t load this page
Wave encountered an error. Please refresh the page." appears no matter which province I select. It works when I leave the province field blank.

Seems like an internal bug, and I'm worried it might also be present for other country/province combinations as well.

Here's the full response:

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "extensions": {
        "code": "NOT_FOUND",
        "id": "ed3000de-852e-426d-9fbd-53b2124cc166"
      },
      "message": "Node could not be found.",
      "locations": [
        {
          "line": 1,
          "column": 43
        }
      ],
      "path": [
        "customerCreate"
      ]
    }
  ],
  "data": {
    "customerCreate": null
  }
}

Comments

• Options
    dacklanddackland Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 25 admin

Hi @SBenoit , thanks for bringing this to our attention. Would you mind sharing which province(s) are showing the error? We've come across this issue a couple times in the past, and unfortunately, there's not a quick fix. This issue is on our radar, but unfortunately, I don't have a timeline currently.

• Options

Hi @dackland,

Well, I decided it's easiest to just test all of them to see how pervasive the problem is, and it turns out it's pretty bad. I've created a public Google Sheets list of all the country/province combinations that are returned from your 'countries' GraphQL query and whether there was an error when creating a simple customer with those details. I'm surprised I haven't run into this before as it's an issue for 34.5% of the 3,996 combinations. And of course, none of the 80 codes in Russia worked.

Here's a link to the list:
    20210817_Wave Country-Provinces Errors

I understand that there isn't a timeline to get this resolved, but I'm hoping it becomes a priority based on this list as it's more than for just a handful of provinces.

Thanks!

• Options
    dacklanddackland Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 25 admin

Hi @SBenoit ,

Thanks for putting this data together. I was under the impression the errors were relatively rare and happening with uncommon provinces, but this data certainly points to it being more prevalent.

We'll take a closer look in the coming weeks to see what options we have.

• Options

Hi, just looking for an update on this as it happened again recently for one of my clients' integrations. Thanks!