Splitting invoices

JonathanHHJonathanHH Member Posts: 1

I do not know if this feature exist but it is something that I am sure manu business would enjoy.

A lot of times (my business obliged), I produce an invoice that's particularly large, and a customer asks if I can spread the balance due on that invoice across multiple billing periods. To accommodate this customer, I would like to split the invoice.

An invoice split is one of multiple invoices that together formed one original invoice. Splitting a single invoice into multiple invoices lets me offer flexible payment schedules, especially when the original invoice balance is a large sum.

For example, a customer has an invoice that totals $100,000. I agree to let the customer make four payments spread across multiple billing periods on the invoice. I could split that invoice into four separate invoices, each for a specific percentage of the original amount. These percentages can be any amount that I would want to set, as long as the collection of split invoices total 100% of the original invoice. In this example, I can set the first split invoice to 40% ($40,000), then each successive split invoice to 30% ($30,000), 20% ($20,000), and 10% ($10,000).This would make it possible to send the client an invoice for the deposit, an invoice mid way, and so on, without having to make 5 invoices in waves and have a mess for accounting.

I hope this demand /features idea is clear and something that you would take into consideration

Comments

• davidsteindesigndavidsteindesign Member Posts: 5

Yes - this would be helpful because clients sometimes need to pay an invoice in full and it will cause problems for their accounting software if they only pay a portion of an invoice. It would be great to have a way to break an invoice in thirds, quarters etc, while also having it reference the entire amount (without having to manually create 3 or 4 or however many additional invoices for a part of a project).

• davidmarkdavidmark Member Posts: 1

Invoices are crucial part of online payments and transactions because scammer are active very sharply, I personally feel importance of invoices, taking an example of student who seek help of pay someone to do my online course for his Academic perspective but invoices make some trust between their hand-shake.