Options

UPDATE: WaveApps is now connecting to BECU Business - Thank you Wave!

ChevassusChevassus Member Posts: 7

Update:

Thank you to the amazing folks at WaveApps for connecting to BECU's new business banking through Plaid.
It is now showing up as an option to connect to! :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    RaintechRaintech Member Posts: 12

@Chevassus said:

WaveApps Tech Support: Will you please implement the below instructions from BECU so we can connect to our BECU business accounts?

Hi, Beau! We want to thank you again for sharing this information with us. We had the chance to look into the matter for you and you would have to ask Waveapps to change where their app is pointed from Online Banking, to Business Online Banking. Waveapps is the app vendor, and they embed Plaid inside their app. Unfortunately, this is not a step BECU can do for our members.

You can ask Waveapp to please connect to: https://business.becu.org/becu/uux.aspx

I'm wondering if it might be Plaid that needs to implement the change. The list of banks that populate when you search for your bank may be provided from the Plaid side of things.

Going to Plaid's website there isn't an option for users get support. The only contact option available is to the sales department if you want to implement Plaid into your business.

edited November 3, 2021
  • Options

Update: Wave has successfully added the BECU Business option as a method to connect to.
    _Thank you, Wave! _

• Options
    SenecaLLCSenecaLLC Member Posts: 2

@Chevassus said:

Update:

Thank you to the amazing folks at WaveApps for connecting to BECU's new business banking through Plaid.

Thank you for your efforts. The BECU Business bank option now shows up, and entering my credentials leads to a two-factor auth code to be sent to my email. But after entering the two-factor auth code, I get an error message saying that the connection failed and to try again later (or to try a different bank).

Is this still being worked on for Wave + BECU Business users?

• Options

@SenecaLLC said:

@Chevassus said:

Update:

How strange, sorry to hear about the authentication not working.

The only thing I can think of is if your account is flagged by BECU and they've locked your account out from being authenticated by third parties. I say this because BECU frequently (at least 4-5 times a year) blocks my accounts because their system thinks my card and/or accounts (I have several) are being used nefariously. And the kicker is they never notify me. I always have to call them after a failed transaction and they're like, "Oh yeah, your card has a soft block on it." "Wait, why didn't you tell me." "Yeah sorry, do you want us to remove it?" :|

The good news is BECU's tech support is rarely a very long wait time. Unless you have already, I'd call them and request to be transferred to their tech support: 800-233-2328

Their tech support should be able to take a peek under the hood of your account to see if there's anything out-of-wack (e.g. need to update a security question, your BECU business online account isn't set up correctly, maybe there's a fraud alert on your account, etc).

I wish you luck!

-Beau Chevassus
    Tacticouture

• Options

@SenecaLLC said:

@Chevassus said:

Update:

Thank you for your efforts. The BECU Business bank option now shows up, and entering my credentials leads to a two-factor auth code to be sent to my email. But after entering the two-factor auth code, I get an error message saying that the connection failed and to try again later (or to try a different bank).

@SenecaLLC I too am having the same problem.
    I enter the "code" and get the same error message.
    I called BECU and they said there is nothing wrong on "their" end.
    I think it is an issue with BECU prompting you to select yes/no on making it a "known device". Not that we see that promp when WAVE is trying to connect but each of my devices has gone to that "next step" after entering the code where BECU forces you to select yes/no if you want to register your device so you don't have to do the code nest time.
    Are there any of you who have successfully connected WAVE to BECU Business? Did you have any issues that you had to work through? Were you asked to have a code emailed to you as well?

• Options

Anyone having luck connecting successfully?

• Options
    SenecaLLCSenecaLLC Member Posts: 2

@Raintech said:
    Anyone having luck connecting successfully?

Unfortunately the same issue persists. How does one escalate this to the software developers at Wave Apps to investigate further?

@Chevassus said:

@SenecaLLC said:

@Chevassus said:

Update:

How strange, sorry to hear about the authentication not working.

The only thing I can think of is if your account is flagged by BECU and they've locked your account out from being authenticated by third parties.

That is not the case with my account. I can login to BECU's Business online banking portal directly. And QuickBooks Online (which I am trying to get away from) is also able to connect to BECU and download transactions.

• Options

@Chevassus it sounds like you have been successful in connecting BECU with Wave now. Is that correct?

• Options

It is in fact a Thanksgiving (today) Miracle. About a week ago I stopped trying to connect every day only to get the error. Today if figured, let's give it a shot!. Hallelujah it worked! Now back to normal, which means the connection will break every few weeks and need to be reconnected manually! haha