Options

Negative Deposit Split (Bug & Improvement)

MoneyMikeMoneyMike Member Posts: 1

Bug: I can not add a negative amount despite all of the posts and chat box solutions... The negative sign disappears as I start typing the first number. It allows me to put a negative after the number but then doesn't recognize any amount in the field and leaves an imbalance.

Improvement: This still does not work well because you are forced to use an income account in the drop down. Yes, you could add a new account (discounts) but those are contra revenue accounts. You should be able to select actual expense accounts when you enter a negative number, that is what a negative amount in a deposit is right?

Comments

• Options
    yellowbird5yellowbird5 Member Posts: 1

Agree - lack of ability to do a negative split is a problem!

• Options
    SandyMcG_2759SandyMcG_2759 Member Posts: 1

I just started with Wave today and was wondering about this. Not sure if we are trying to do the same thing? I sell online. My bank deposits are of course the amount I am receiving. I need a way to enter the full amount of the sale minus expenses such as processing fees taken by the platform. How are you accomplishing this now? I guess don't use the link to the bank feature? I was hoping I could do this with a memorized transaction, but it doesn't look like that will work?

• Options
    Jimbo1000Jimbo1000 Member Posts: 1

Similar SandyMcG but I'd like to split a deposit transaction with several minus entries to various liability accounts. But Wave will not accept the minus sign in the entry. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated...