Options

Approve an Estimate

Comments

• Options
    ManiMani Member Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

@bethsowell, @sylvex, @HighPerCom, @airplanenoise, @basek_au, @mclune, @NorthcuttTree, @Nic0, @kartdigital and others: we're listening and your feedback has been very valuable. We know this is a need for your business, and we didn't deliver any changes here in 2018. As part of our 2019 planning, we have looked at bringing this to life, but it won't be coming until later in the year, somewhere between Q3 and Q4. That's because these changes will build upon others we're bringing to the Invoicing experience overall. We strongly believe in enhancing how you can conduct your sales workflow through Wave to close a deal from an estimate, get a signature, collect a deposit, communicate terms and conditions, and more.

We deeply appreciate that you have choice in the software you use to run your business. We want to be frank so you can make the best decision for you. We do expend our energies making improvements beyond estimates and invoicing, including accounting, payment collection, and payroll. We hope you try the full bevy of our offering, and we'll continue to bring the features you need to market.

• Options
    basek_aubasek_au Member Posts: 3
    @Mani that’s great news!! Thanks for the update, greatly appreciated. Exciting times ahead! :D
  • Options
    bethsowellbethsowell Member Posts: 6

@Mani, sounds great. I have to admit, some of the changes that were recently implemented have been HUGE time savers for me and definitely been a vast improvement to your services. Much obliged!

• Options
    bcdbcd Member Posts: 1

Thanks @Mani, this is a must!

• Options
    Quiksilver2255Quiksilver2255 Member Posts: 1

I never sign up for anything to leave comments.... and I specifically made an account to say please allow for a mechanism to add a signature line (and counter signature line) or a way to approve estimates. Cheers!

• Options
    hsnychsnyc Member Posts: 1

I want to chime in and support this feature. It is much needed.

• Options
    SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Thanks all for adding your voices here :)

• Options
    SavvyMatthewSavvyMatthew Member Posts: 1

I want to also chime in and vote for this feature. It is much needed in my Industry of Graphics and Web Design.

• Options
    22Eighteen22Eighteen Member Posts: 4

I don't need to provide too many estimates via Wave as I also use PandaDoc. But I did just create an estimate for a close colleague and felt the "legalize" in my standard PandaDoc was too much. But still wanted some sort of "proof".

I added the following to the Memo section of the Estimate.

It's not ideal but at least it provides the ability to get a signature.

• Options
    MalcFinchMalcFinch Member Posts: 1

Please add my name to this list...in the meantime do you suggest any Zapier connections that may implement this. I'm already using Hubspot CRM and the integrates fine.
    I'd also like to be able to add documentation to the estimate. Project descriptions, assumptions etc
    maybe that could be used for project approval?

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@22Eighteen thanks for sharing that workaround!

@MalcFinch noted, thanks for adding to this! I don't know of any Zaps that do this off the top of my head; your best bet is to use the search function in Zapier to see what's out there, purely because Zapier is constantly adding new connections.

• Options
    TreeAndIronTreeAndIron Member Posts: 2

Agreed. I'm not sure how an estimate with no approval function (or at least a signature line) is useful in any business. Both the business and customer need a record of the approval so that expectations from both sides are clearly defined.

• Options
    AISONYAAISONYA Member Posts: 1

Hi community. My partner and I recently switched to Wave - a much anticipated move. :)
    In preparing our first estimate via Wave, I was alarmed at the inability to allow clients to approve the estimate. In sourcing a solution, I came across this community.

Here's a "hack"of sorts which we've done in the interim:
    Insert "Client Signature: ________________________ Date (DD/MM/YYY): ______ / ______ / ______" in the footer box; see below screenshot:

While it is a great alternative though, it wouldn't meet the need for those whose clients may want to approve electronically. It definitely works best for those who like to have their client's penned signatures.

My partner Karl who is quite tech savvy was discussing with me a coded "plugin"/ stand-alone app which we will explore in providing the option for our clients to approve the estimates electronically once they receive them from wave. If you're interested in exploring this with us, you can contact us at business@adaptinnovative.com. B)

• Options
    MartinCAMartinCA Member Posts: 6

Please put this feature in where we can mark estimates with different status's, my estimate screen is full of "OVERDUE" and it looks so messy as most are accepted and completed projects. If we could have a tab for 'pending', 'overdue' and 'accepted' and 'rejected' that would be amazing, especially if the customers can click a button on the emailed estimate to automatically mark it as 'accepted' or 'rejected' so we can move forward with the project to the invoicing phase.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @MartinCA . Thanks for leaving us with this feature request. Although no confirmation of it yet, we're hoping to make some changes to our Estimates platform in the future to create a more robust and nuanced product. We really appreciate the feedback.

• Options
    tonimactonimac Member Posts: 2

Back in January 2019 @Mani said that in Q3/Q4 Wave would create the feature for the customer to be able to approve estimates electronically then have their invoice automatically sent to them for payment. It's now August 2019. Are we any closer please? This is the one feature I miss here.

edited August 10, 2019
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @tonimac . Although I can't say whether or not this exact feature is coming, the team has been working on revamping our Invoicing platform to allow for new features and to widen the scope of what you can do in Wave. As Estimates does fall under Invoicing, I know there's a chance that we may be adding new features to it. You will have to wait a tad longer to see exactly what comes of this project as all of the work has yet to be finalized.

• Options
    michaelnorthmichaelnorth Member Posts: 1

It seems like this has been discussed for a very long time, without an implementation. It's rather pointless to offer estimates without the critical estimate approval feature — that's the whole point of an estimate. I'd like to see an online approval feature: send the client an estimate, and have them be able to mark it approved in some fashion. That way, there's a dated record in the system. ESSENTIAL.

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @michaelnorth! Thanks for taking the time to write your feedback here. It is good to hear your thoughts on the desired workflow for this feature. I still do not have an ETA on this but hopefully we can provide an update in the future.

edited November 11, 2019
  • Options
    IslandWildlifeIslandWildlife Member Posts: 2
    Any word on this feature being added?

This and the inability to create estimates on the mobile app are the main things preventing us from switching to Wave.

Both have been talked about for years now. Would be great to see them added.
  • Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @IslandWildlife and thanks for checking back in on this thread. I'm afraid at the moment, this feature is not on our roadmap. Currently the Sales and Invoicing Team are focused on doing upgrades to the Customer Statements feature in Wave. In saying that, they will be reassessing their Roadmap for 2019 with the potential of this being included.

• Options
    AmatinoAmatino Member Posts: 5

Another who would like an Estimate approval/convert to invoice option.

I see you've often requested information on type of business and use of estimate, so I'll try to summarize:
    We service sewing machines and have a flat service/repair rate, if the machine does not require parts. If parts are required, sometimes an additional labor fee must be tacked on to cover the extra time to dismantle a machine, replace the broken part, and reassemble it. We always quote a customer for the additional costs and will only proceed once we have approval. About 99.99% of the time, we get approval. A signed approval of estimate (digital would be fine) could then be auto-converted to an invoice, because we honor the estimate as a fixed quote rather than a "guesstimate" as works in other industries.

• Options
    TanDuckTanDuck Member Posts: 1
    I could use this feature also. I started using wave a few years ago and I thought this was already a feature? However I had a year off my business and have now started using it again to find that there is no estimate approval.
    I could have sworn that there was previously, and it was a button that they clicked that had “accept estimate” on it? Maybe I had trialled another software.
    It would definitely be helpful to have an approval function, it makes it easier to keep track of who has actually accepted quotes for work, particularly when people come back later and say that something was not included in the estimate, there is clear evidence that they read and approved the estimate.
  • Options
    jopedderjopedder Member Posts: 5

Hi - would be great to have an update on progress with this feature. Acceptance of estimate and T&Cs would be really helpful for many of us. Thanks :)

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, thanks for this feature idea. My apologies that i do not have any guarantees on whether it will be implemented or not. But the more traction a post gets the better.

• Options
    rosemaryhitchensrosemaryhitchens Member Posts: 3

I'll also add my name to the list of people requiring this feature. I send an estimate and proposal to clients and in order to know whether they accept/reject that is key. I need this feature to then trigger an invoice. Looks like I might have to switch to one of the platforms that has this feature.

• Options
    jamestaylorjamestaylor Member Posts: 1

Keeping this thread going. I'm a consultant - I mostly work marketing and software design projects. I often work on a project basis with clients and will send them more than one estimate for different options even. Since I send more than one, having my clients be able to accept the one they want and just being notified of that would be huge. Based on Mani's comment in Jan 2019, it seemed like this was on the roadmap and then got discarded by BarsinA's comment 1 year later. Please add this feature! To put it in perspective for me, if there wasn't the free option with wave, I would move to a competitor over this. But I love Wave and how it works, so would just love to have the feature added. I understand the complexity of designing and developing great software, so thanks for all your hard work.

• Options
    ductilestudiosductilestudios Member Posts: 2

New wave user here. Just sent my first estimate and was quite surprised to see there was no vehicle for approval. A built in workflow where they could approve the web based estimate would be the best avenue, but even just a signature line on the estimate (or checkbox option to include it) would at least cover the functionality needed. I wonder if something similar to agreeing to the terms of service on an invoice would work. I'm also a service based company where estimate approvals are an important part of my workflow.

• Options
    SpoonhandleSpoonhandle Member Posts: 13

Just piping in that this would be a great add-on to doing estimates in Wave. I would also recommend the ability to convert an Estimate to a Work Order instead of straight to an Invoice.

• Options
    TyvanTyvan Member Posts: 1

Wondering if this has discussion has made any progress on the development side. I am currently exploring options to integrate this with 3rd party software. However the $30/month cost of a 3rd party integration app to program our own "features" seems a bit cumbersome and is leading us to explore other accounting software that may offer these features in a "all in one package"

Would be much more willing to have paid for "inhouse" extras that could be added to wave to enhance the productivity of the app, while being tested by the wave team.

Desired Flow
    1. Create Estimate
    2. Request Client approval ( Ideally a e-signed contract template )
    3. Upon Estimate Approval Set ( Start Date & Delivery Date, payment schedule )
    4. Convert To Invoice Upon project completion.
    5. Request Payment

My business is in construction and currently, this process is unnecessarily complicated. We switched from QuickBooks to wave over 4 years ago, however if we have to pay $30/month to a 3rd party app to make wave work, we will be doing our due diligence to ensure there is not another accounting software offering the required features for a similar monthly fee.

We greatly appreciate the free nature of wave, but do not sacrifice application quality simply to keep it free.

edited July 16, 2020