Options

Wave Connect Upload Invoice Not Accepting Different Invoice Numbers

scottyhuffscottyhuff Member Posts: 8

I've seen similar posts but not one that deals with this particular issue so I'm creating another discussion.

I've created a Google Sheets document (prepared by Wave Connect automatically) with 40 invoices (1 per row) that I'm trying to upload. When Wave Connect runs it's Validate procedure, it returns a message saying,

"WARNING: The following field(s) have inconsistent data on different lines: Invoice Number, Invoice Date, Due Date. The first value in each field will be used."

But they are SUPPOSED to have different data on different lines. I decided to continue anyway and what happened was it combined all 40 records into 1 invoice! It turns out the issue was the invoice number. It wanted all records to have the same invoice number. I even tried different formats for my invoice number but it didn't seem to matter.

I thought the point of this was to be able to upload multiple invoices in bulk? What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    dacklanddackland Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 25 admin

Hi @scottyhuff ,

I think our help article might be able to help. Specifically this paragraph:

When you upload Invoices, add one row per Line Item (i.e. each invoice product). Wave Connect will start at the top of your spreadsheet and assume rows belong to the same invoice until it sees a change in customer. It will then build an invoice for the next customer until there is another change, and so on. Note that when you Validate your data, Wave Connect will apply shading to the rows, that makes it really easy to see where each invoice will start and end. If you want to force a new invoice for the same customer insert a blank row.

I was able to reproduce the same error by inserting consecutive rows with the same customer, but different invoice numbers and dates. Following the instructions and inserting a blank line also fixed the validation error. Could you check if your input sheet has the same scenario?

• Options
    scottyhuffscottyhuff Member Posts: 8

Oh ok... that's kind of dumb. Why wouldn't Wave assume you could have more than one invoice for a single customer? For example, in my case, all 40 invoices ARE for the same customer. I'm a musician and I have been scheduled to perform with a certain band on 40 different dates throughout 2022. I've created the invoices ahead of time, one for each performance. I am paid after each performance and they want an invoice for each one, not monthly or quarterly, etc.

Wave should look at the Invoice Number to determine if something is in the same invoice, not the customer (or at least a comparison of the Customer AND Invoice Number). Perhaps suggest that to the development team?

But thank you for your help! The blank lines worked. :-)