Options

Could not connect to CIMB Malaysia

ZaidiZaidi Member Posts: 1

We could not get the CIMB bank connection for almost a month!!

This is awfully long downtime. Please help!!!

edited August 29, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Zaidi.

From what I can tell, there seems to be an issue on the side of your bank, stopping communication between it and our data aggregator. Have you tried clicking Update Now, on the bank connections page? Clearing your browser's cache and removing, and then re-creating your connection might also help.

If it doesn't work, you'll have to upload your bank statements manually until our data provider fixes this issue. You can find out more about how to do this, and why connection issues like this one crop up, in this discussion.

• Options
    KhairulKhairul Member Posts: 3

Hi admin
    Is there any update regarding CIMB Bank.
    It almost 1 week I could't connect to the bank.
    Thanks in advance.

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hi @Khairul. Thanks for reaching out regarding your specific case -- could you please confirm exactly what is happening when you are trying to connect your CIMB Bank account to Wave? If possible, associating screenshots with your request will also be beneficial here.

• Options
    KhairulKhairul Member Posts: 3
    Hi jamieD
    Thanks for your update.
    The problem solved.
    Thanks again
  • Options
    paanhassanpaanhassan Member Posts: 5

Hi admin,
    I'm having the same issue connecting my cimb bank account to waveapps for the past 3 weeks.
    Last week, the bank has blocked my account & asked me to change the password. Since then, the wave app keep asking me to update my bank credential. The password i entered is correct (double checked it). Today when i try to update my bank credential, the web stuck @ loading the form. (refer to 2nd picture). Please help. Thank you.

edited December 5, 2018
  • Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @paanhassan, would you be able to delete that connection, and then reconnect to CIMB? Please note that deleting a connection won't affect data that's already in Wave, so you don't have to worry about any of your current transactions changing. You can check out all of the possible troubleshooting options for bank connections here if that helps. Let us know how it goes!

• Options

I've deleted my connection & try to reconnect, but "Unable to connect' message appeared. I tried on different browser too with cache cleared. But still unable to connect.

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@paanhassan I've checked in with our Data Provider and don't see any global issues with your institution currently. In saying this, can you try using a Chrome Incognito browser to connect your bank in Wave and let me know if that works?

• Options

Nope, still can't connect in incognito.

• Options
    ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

@paanhassan can you please confirm your bank's login page URL? We would be able to double check some things here based on that

• Options
    ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

@paanhassan thank you for this. I will reach out to our Data Provider and have them look into this for us -- I'll follow up with you via email so that I can keep track of your inquiry. Please let me know if you don't receive this email shortly.

• Options

I think the problem is with my ISP or maybe my computer. I tried with different ISP & computer, yet i received this msg. Please help.

• Options
    zuzazuza Member Posts: 31 admin

Hello @paanhassan. Thank you for reaching out again.

The error message I am seeing on my end is as follows: "We currently do not support the security system used by this site".
    Meaning, it is possible that our third party data provider is simply unable to connect on your behalf because of the way this bank secures your login.

That being said and seeing the posts above from others, it is possible to connect to this bank. If you feel comfortable with this option, could you change the two factor authentication method for your bank account? For example, if you have it set up to send you a text at login, maybe change it to another method and see if that works.

Please let me know if you need more info and how it goes. If the issue continues, we can go from there.

Thank you

• Options
    aia792aia792 Member Posts: 1

Hi. Is CIMB bank not supported by waveapps?

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @aia792 if your bank doesn't come up when you use the search bar in the Bank Connections page, then it means it's not supported by our data provider. I encourage you to submit a request to have it supported by clicking the "can't find your bank?" prompt. In lieu of this, to get your transactions into Wave you'll need to upload your statements.