Options

Small feature request for estimates?

washlahasterfitzwashlahasterfitz Member Posts: 1

Hello! I would really love if for estimates there was an option for ranged cost. We run a service-based business where people often ask for a ranged estimate to weigh their options, and it’s difficult to pinpoint an exact cost in certain situations since our work is typically hours based. We have to work around how the software is setup and unfortunately it can confuse clients sometimes. It would be great if estimates could say something like Total Estimated Cost: $X-Y.

This simple option would make my life so much easier!

edited August 31, 2018 in Sales & Invoicing Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @washlahasterfitz.

That's an interesting one! Could you tell me a bit more about the kind of business you're in?

I can see how that would be useful, but it wouldn't allow for estimates to be easily converted to invoices.

For the time being, I would recommend adding a memo to your estimates to the effect that the number of hours on the estimate is approximate and may change. Note that estimate numbers are in no way binding (contrarily to quotes), so changing the number of hours on there after the fact is not out of the question. You could also put the range as a description note on given line items.