Options

Paying artists as suppliers

julieoncloud9julieoncloud9 Member Posts: 5

Hi
I run an art gallery, selling goods made by other artists as well as my own. I sell their products less a percentage commission.

I have added the artists as 'vendors' and create a bill for each one. When I pay them I want to send them a copy of the bill I have created (before I would have sent a remittance advice to them). Can I do this and if so, how?

Also at the moment I am calculating the commission deduction manually, whereas I usually use a spreadsheet to do this for me. Can I add commission deducted using the 'Tax' heading?

Thank you!

edited August 31, 2018 in Sales & Invoicing Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @julieoncloud9.

No, there's currently no way to handle consignment in Wave, or to print out bills this way.

My recommendation would be to add a memo to the invoice saying something along the lines of "The creator of this piece will receive X% of the amount paid" and give your artist a copy of that invoice.

As for using Taxes to calculate this, you could, but I can't recommend it. The reason I hesitate to use Sales taxes as a workaround here is that those would show up in your Sales Tax report, and they don't belong on that report at all.

• Options

OK thanks Alexia. I think I'll have to continue as I am as I don't issue invoices for sales, just receipts through iZettle.

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Thanks again @julieoncloud9 for taking the time to give us a better understanding of how your business works. :) Even where the features aren't or aren't yet a perfect fit, we really appreciate the opportunity to learn and better inform the way we build as we go forward.

• Options

@Charlotte said:
    Thanks again @julieoncloud9 for taking the time to give us a better understanding of how your business works. :) Even where the features aren't or aren't yet a perfect fit, we really appreciate the opportunity to learn and better inform the way we build as we go forward.

It would be good, because there isn't anything on the market for folk like me, if Wave could design something that works for us. I'm struggling to make Wave work for me at the moment because of the way my business works. It's just a bit messy, but I'm also new to it and maybe it'll feel better the more I use it?

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks again for the feedback, @julieoncloud9. If you end up finding a different workaround for this kind of task, make sure to let us know! I'd love to be able to share it with other Wavers!