Sales Discount does not match invoices

Andy_RAndy_R Member Posts: 12

Looking at my Trial Balance I see the category for Sales Discounts under Income. When you click on Sales Discounts it takes you to the invoices that have discounts recorded. I have only two invoices so far and they show as $30 + $5 on each invoice for a total of $70. However, on the actual invoice I have entered it as a $25 discount on each, for a total of $50
What am I missing?

Further details: I also use a "sales item" as a product discount. So the actual invoice looks like this...
Line 1: product sold ($150)
Line 2: discount sold (-$25)
Subtotal: $125
Add Discount: -$25
GST: $5
Total: $105

I am taking advantage of the new "Add Discount" feature because my prices increased this year but has not kicked in yet for certain clients.

So as you can see, there is either a $25 discount on each of the invoices, or there is a $50 total discount on each of the invoices. I don't understand why the Sales Dicount on the trial balance reads as $70, and why the invoices it points to shows 30 + 5 on each discount. Please clarify. Thank you in advance.
NOTE: There is a $20 difference between the $50 and the $70, and this is reflected on the Trial Balance. It is not balancing with a difference of exactly $20

edited January 25, 2022 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments