Help with CSV bank statement upload

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Welcome New Wavers! April 30th, 2018.

Comments

• hichsonhichson Member Posts: 7

Good day. I am really struggling to upload my converted bank statements. It is in csv format. Could you please assist or refer it to the relevant person. Thank you. Hichson

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @hichson.

In the future, please make sure you create new threads for new questions, rather than asking them in unrelated discussions. This will ensure that your question gets visibility. I took the liberty to create a new thread out of your comment.

Can you tell us a bit more about your issue? Are you getting an error message? You might find your answer here. The CSV upload system is very particular about formatting.

Hi Alexia, the initial message I got was that the file header must include a date, description and amount. I then downloaded your template and used it. Now it just continuously update with no end or success.

Hi,@hichson.

There are a few other things that could stop you from uploading a CSV. The numbers in the Amount columns can only have numbers and a single period. Symbols, letters, or commas won't be accepted.

Sometimes, special characters are added to CSV files that will stop you from successfully uploading them. The easiest way to get rid of them is to upload your CSV to Google Sheets, download your CSV again from Google Sheets and upload that document. Let me know if that helps!

Hi Alexia, the initial message I got was that the file header must include a date, description and amount. I then downloaded your template and used it. Now it just continously update

Dear Alexia, Absolutely great. I used Google Sheets and had made some minor adjustments. I uploaded the bank statement. Thank you very much for the wonderful support. GOD Bless Wave !!!!

Fantastic! I'm happy to hear it!