Options

Feature request for statements

tyhoppytyhoppy Member Posts: 6

I would like the ability to automatically generate a report from the statement screen that shows each customer with an unpaid invoice, we should then be able to check a box beside each customer name to print statements or unpaid invoices from that same screen.

edited August 30, 2018 in Sales & Invoicing Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @tyhoppy.

I can see how that would be useful to some of our clients. Do you find that you often have to print out invoices and customer statements for your clients? It's currently only possible to send customer statements in Wave via email, which is why I'm asking.

From what I understand, you would like to be able to send out customer statements with unpaid balances, is that right?

• Options
    TMTTMT Member Posts: 1

I agree, be really useful to be able to download a customer statement and send in pdf format. While we can print a pdf from a html page it doesnt look quite as professional as the invoice equivalent.

• Options

Hi, @TMT.

Do you deal with a lot of clients who won't accept emailed documents? Or would you just want those for your records?

• Options
    mwashmwash Member Posts: 5

Hey would love to print customer statements directly. Most of my customers like hard copies. thanks

• Options
    RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

@mwash and @tmt With customers statements being online, your customers are able to click directly on invoices that are unpaid to pay them. In a printed format, how would you expect them to get to the invoice to pay, or make a payment online for that outstanding amount?

Would you have the invoices printed alongside the statement, or a link directly printed on the statement so they could go online and see it?

How do your customers typically pay when you send a statement? Are they paying online or giving you a check/cash?

• Options

Thanks rahim. My customers prefer to have hard copy statements and invoices. Non of them pay online. However I was able to finally maneuver a way to actually directly print pdf statements without even sending them. I added the feature save to pdf from mozilla addons. After making the statement, I clicked on preview as customer and when the preview came I simply clicked on the save to pdf add on ( top right) and in a few seconds the statement came up in pdf format and the add on also has a feature of printing it directly from there or you can also download it and open it in pdf format to print. Hope this helps others who want to print statements. However for this, one needs to be using mozilla browser.

• Options

Thanks for the tip, @mwash! I'm confident there's an equivalent extension for Chrome as well.

It's a great workaround, thanks again!

• Options

welcome alexia

• Options

the add on is actually called pdf creator

• Options
    RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

Thanks @mwash Can you post a link to the add-on here so I can take a look and others can too?

• Options

Thanks Rahim.I didn't use a link, just go to the add ons section of firefox and on search type pdf creator. On the top right hand side is the menu section, scroll down and you will see add ons click and on search type pdf creator the download it and add it to firefox.