Which Invoice Template is right for you?

AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

When you first create an invoice in Wave, we ask you to choose one of three invoice templates. This choice is obviously an important one, an invoice is just as much a business card and a reflection of your business as it is, well, an invoice.

We would love to know which one you prefer, and why you chose that template over another. We believe each of them is a strong competitor in its own right, but which of these three designs won you over, in the end?

Which Invoice Template is right for you?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• robey1963robey1963 Member Posts: 1
    Contemporary - It's the default choice for a reason!

Contemporary, because it’s easy to input my details, and automatically adds the price. Simple!

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Seems like the Contemporary template is winning by a landslide! I'd love to know if anyone's using the other templates.

@robey1963 Thank you for your comment, but all the invoice models should operate the same way. Did you ever have issues with the other templates?

• randw1randw1 Member Posts: 4

Really wish there was more templates or customization.. please.

I use Contemporary but IMO,
    the Logo is too small,
    want an email field,
    don't want United States in address
    (they know where Los Angles CA is), don't want 'pay due',
    want to paste a signature image in notes (hmm maybe already possible?),
    etc..

For creative service people we like a very clean simple look.
    Oh, and of course a quantity OR time option for each item..
    for example we bill for time but charge for prints, etc.

THX!

• RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    Modern - I'm all bold colours and large totals!

@randw1 for the "logo is too small" comment....is this because of the orientation of your logo? We have a set space the logo can fit, but we may be able to do more to help you optimize the logo to look best in that space. Trying to see how we can help make that look better!

It's not currently possible to past a signature image into the notes. What purpose does the signature serve for you on the invoice?

• chj915chj915 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Modern - I'm all bold colours and large totals!

I use Modern style, although the other 2 are also great.

The modern probably my favourite as well, @chj915!

Not crazy about Classic but there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not my style.

• PackWebPackWeb Member Posts: 11

I wanted to use Modern, but it put my logo down the bottom, so I'm using Contemporary instead...

Thank you for your feedback, @PackWeb!

• MTMMMTMM Member Posts: 2

@randw1 said:
    Really wish there was more templates or customization.. please.

I use Contemporary but IMO,
    the Logo is too small,
    want an email field,
    don't want United States in address
    (they know where Los Angles CA is), don't want 'pay due',
    want to paste a signature image in notes (hmm maybe already possible?),
    etc..

For creative service people we like a very clean simple look.
    Oh, and of course a quantity OR time option for each item..
    for example we bill for time but charge for prints, etc.

THX!

Agree.. REALLY need additional template customization.. Don't need/want country code in address, nor do we need/want the currency code showing on invoices..
    Need email field in address, I actually use the website field and put my email address there... Works well, but not the right solution.. Need to change PO/SO to Reference No, or add a Reference field. Not every job has a PO or SO, some just have a reference or job number..

edited July 5, 2018

Thanks for your feedback, @MTMM.

You aren't the first Waver to bring up that they'd like to see an email address field as part of address blocks on Wave. It has been brought up a few times on the community, however, and if that isn't enough for our users, then we do need to consider the suggestion. Do you use a different email on your invoice that you do for your Wave account as a whole? Your email address does appear on the invoice email you send out to your clients, but that might not be enough if, for example, you send physical invoices to those clients. Is that your case? Could you tell me a bit more about how invoice your clients?

For the time being, you could add a sentence or two in the notes or footer section along the lines of "For questions about this invoice, please contact

@#####.com". This would free up the website field from your address block and still allow for your email to clearly appear on your invoices.

As for a reference number, depending on what the reference number references, you could also put it in the summary field. I understand that this doesn't solve the issue of the extra field that you don't need, but it might still be a better place for those reference numbers. Can you tell us how you use those reference numbers? It'll give us a better idea of what your needs are and how we can help.

• EnrickgroupEnrickgroup Member Posts: 3

Hi, I am still deciding on which 1 to use but customisation is for sure a big use for me and 1 of the reasons why I didn't settle for some of the well known packages world wide. We do contracting for home repairs etc. our units of measure is in square meters most of the time and must be calculated, using a length and width field. length times width equals total square meters. just a normal quantity field is not going to work for me. I also need to add an additional field for a claim number with my customer's detail etc. Is it possible that you will be able to help us with customisation of this kind?

Hi, @Enrickgroup, thank you for your feedback.

This isn't something that's possible in Wave right now, but I understand how necessary that could be for a business such as yours.

My recommendation, for the time being, would be to put the width and length of the surface in the Description field and use the square meterage as the number of units. It won't calculate automatically, but it'll allow your clients to see your numbers still.

• cliffbizcliffbiz Member Posts: 9

@Alexia I use contemporary because 1.
    It's layout looks urban and the font is great. The fact that the background is plain means that companies with coloured logos won't have issues finding the right colour hues and shades to match the logo.

Biggest problem with the mordern template is the logo is at the bottom. It sends the wrong message about the company and emphasis was based on style over functionality.

Classic looks way too old like America Texas salon movies and reminds me of walker Texas rangers and renegade. People would associate that document with lack of progress. It's 2018 and there are over 1,000,000 fonts.

• GregVeresGregVeres Member Posts: 24

Hi @Alexia
    Before moving to Wave, I was using Invoice template from Apple's Numbers. I found it elegant and pleasing to look at.

• PhillyTaxGuy1PhillyTaxGuy1 Member Posts: 1
    Classic - Because it is a classic, after all.

I really like your your classic invoice for a photography shop. The old school elegant presentation is sweet. Nice Invoice Template.