Options

Manual Bank Connection

John GrodsJohn Grods Member Posts: 1

I have a bank account that is not available online and only receive paper statements... How does one get this account into WAVE and perform manual entries...?

edited August 30, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi John! These are the two methods to get transactions into Wave in bulk, so in this case you would need to use manual entry. For expediency's sake, you might want to enter your transactions into a spreadsheet and use the bank statement upload functionality. Let us know if you'd like some assistance with formatting that, and we can certainly chat about it.

• Options
    Andy2Andy2 Member Posts: 1

I have downloaded my credit card statements in both csv and the quicken exchange format. When I go to upload the "upload circle" continuously spins and my file never uploads. I've tried different browsers and when I switched on the first attempt the file uploaded, but since then it hasn't. Any suggestions?

• Options
    John HenshawJohn Henshaw Member Posts: 1

My statement actually uploads but I cant seem to find it in the transaction page after clicking on the view and categorize link.

What do I do.

Thank

John

• Options
    Leanne ToddLeanne Todd Member Posts: 1

I cannot upload my bank statement into wave. It is not giving me the "Choose File" link button it usually does. How do I fix this?

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin
    Hi Everyone!

Andy - this sounds like a formatting issue. I'd recommend popping your data into a Google Sheet and then downloading it as a CSV. Column A as the date (in MM/DD/YYYY format), B as the description, and C as the amount (income as XX.XX and expense as -XX.XX).

John - if your transactions have uploaded you should definitely be able to find them on your Transactions page. To confirm, you might want to run an Account Transactions report to ensure your reporting reflects your newly imported transactions.

Leanne - this sounds like a browser issue. If you're not already, I suggest accessing Wave with Firefox or Chrome and clearing your cache and cookies if you haven't done so recently.