Separating reports by business

jenb7jenb7 Member Posts: 1

I originally set up my profile with 2 separate businesses and a separate personal account. It appears that my checking accounts for each business are combining in the reports. Do you have suggestions for keeping the accounts separate for reporting?

Comments

• kel3lerkel3ler Member Posts: 8

I have the same problem. When I view transactions, I can segregate them by each separate bank account. But when I try to run a report, the different bank accounts get combined. I want to run reports only on my business account.

• kel3lerkel3ler Member Posts: 8

Since the Wave staff is unresponsive to this and another user's request for a solution to the problem of both of my bank accounts being combined in reports *e.g., P&L, General Ledger, etc), I found a somewhat tedious work-around. Wanting to print reports from my business account, I toggled off my personal account (under Banking --> Connected Accounts), stopping Wave from downloading transactions for that account. I then tediously deleted all the previously downloaded transactions for that account. (It did not work to choose the personal account and try to delete "all" transactions. Strange.) Now when I choose my business bank account in the upper left corner of the screen and then click on Reports, the reports show only data for my business account. For a more permanent solution, I am going to see if my bank can set up my business and personal accounts so that each one requires a separate login user name and password. Then I hope Wave will download transactions for each bank account separately and that they do not combine. I find it bizarre that Wave programmers had not figured that people would want to print out reports for the accounts separately, as one can do when viewing transactions. And if I remember correctly, last year I could print out reports for each bank account separately. If so, what happened?