Options

Are you involved in your local small business community?

Briella83Briella83 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

Hello fellow insiders!

I was lying in bed yesterday thinking about local business communities. I was trying to decide how important it could be for me to get involved, if it was worth the time investment and so on. Given that I'm not currently involved in such a community (and am notoriously and hilariously terrible at networking), I figured the Wave Community was the next best place to ask.

How are you involved in the local business community and what do you find you get out of it? Also, if you have any juicy networking tips, I'm all ears.

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

As I haven't yet taken the leap to operate my own small business but am passionate about supporting small businesses (that's why I'm here!) I often participate in things like workshops for tools (Adwords and Google Analytics, for example), Meetups, and, of course, marketplaces.

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

In my view, it's very worth the time investment to get to talk share experiences and the workshops are especially valuable -- understanding where others have met and overcome hurdles is a huge asset.