Options

How do you involve your kids in your business?

ItsJennaItsJenna Member Posts: 12

I’m a single mom and an entrepreneur and I often feel like I’m involving my kids in all the parts of my business that DON’T have a lot of significance - they come along with me when we do errands or if we have an event. As they get older I’m thinking about ways to talk about time management and making decisions according to your values as they relate to mommy’s business. If they catch the entrepreneur bug that’s just a bonus! Any other parents out there with thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    NopDesign_ConnorNopDesign_Connor Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

I don’t have kids myself, but my sister has gotten her older ones involved in scheduling. Not doing work for her, but talking about how your prioritize work and fun time so that both are balanced which is hard when you’re doing your own business! It helps them with their homework too and all those extracurriculars they seem to have these days.

• Options
    lylavuonolylavuono Member Posts: 17

Echoing @NopDesign_Connor, the point about scheduling is great. You can never learn to manage your time too young. If you do it right you’re getting more of your own time back! My kids have really benefited from me and my wife being open about how busy we are and how we work hard to squeeze in family time, because it’s a talk about time management but also a family conversation, how we work hard for them but work isn’t everything.